By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
MadisonyMadisony
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • National & World
  • Politics
  • Investigative Reports
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Money
  • Pets & Animals
Reading: Trump says US has carried out one other deadly strike concentrating on alleged drug-smuggling boat
Share
Font ResizerAa
MadisonyMadisony
Search
  • Home
  • National & World
  • Politics
  • Investigative Reports
  • Education
  • Health
  • Entertainment
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Money
  • Pets & Animals
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
2025 © Madisony.com. All Rights Reserved.
Politics

Trump says US has carried out one other deadly strike concentrating on alleged drug-smuggling boat

Madisony
Last updated: September 20, 2025 5:46 am
Madisony
Share
Trump says US has carried out one other deadly strike concentrating on alleged drug-smuggling boat
SHARE

[ad_1]

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump mentioned Friday the U.S. navy has carried out its third deadly strike towards an alleged drug smuggling vessel this month.

Trump in a social media posting mentioned the strike killed three and was carried out towards a vessel “affiliated with a Designated Terrorist Group conducting narcotrafficking within the USSOUTHCOM space of duty.” He didn’t present extra exact particulars in regards to the location of the strike.

The Pentagon deferred questions in regards to the strike to the White Home, which didn’t reply to a request for readability in regards to the origins of the vessel.

“Intelligence confirmed the vessel was trafficking illicit narcotics, and was transiting alongside a recognized narcotrafficking passage enroute to poison Individuals,” Trump mentioned within the put up.

Trump additionally posted a video of the most recent strike that exhibits a vessel dashing via waters earlier than it seems to be struck by a pair of missiles from overhead and sink in a fiery explosion.

“It was at this second, the narcoterrorists knew they screwed up,” White Home communications director Steven Cheung mentioned on X in a posting with the video.

Trump on Monday introduced the U.S. navy had carried out a strike on a ship allegedly carrying medication from Venezuela. That strike additionally killed three on board.

That adopted a Sept. 2 navy strike on what the Trump administration mentioned was a drug-carrying speedboat that killed 11. Trump claimed the boat was operated by the Tren de Aragua gang, which was listed by the U.S. as overseas terrorist group earlier this yr.

The Trump administration has justified the navy motion as a mandatory escalation to stem the circulation of medication into the USA.

However a number of senators, Democrats and a few Republicans, in addition to human rights teams have questioned the legality of Trump’s motion. They view it as a possible overreach of government authority partially as a result of the navy was used for regulation enforcement functions.

The Trump administration has but to clarify how the navy assessed the boat’s cargo and decided the passengers’ alleged gang affiliation earlier than the assaults on the vessels. Nationwide safety officers instructed members of Congress that the primary boat taken out was fired on a number of instances after it had modified course and appeared headed again to shore.

The strikes comply with a buildup of U.S. maritime forces within the Caribbean.

It marks a dramatic shift in how the U.S. is keen to fight drug trafficking within the Western Hemisphere.

In Venezuela, some are speculating whether or not the strikes are a part of a plan to attempt to topple President Nicolás Maduro, a notion that the Venezuelan chief has echoed.

Maduro claimed after the primary strike {that a} U.S. video launched by Trump was created with synthetic intelligence and {that a} boat of that dimension can not enterprise into the excessive seas.

However earlier this week Maduro lashed out on the U.S., accusing the Trump administration of utilizing drug trafficking accusations as an excuse for a navy operation whose intentions are “to intimidate and search regime change” within the South American nation.

AP writers Regina Garcia Cano in Güiria, Venezuela, and Konstatin Toropin contributed reporting.

Initially Revealed: September 19, 2025 at 4:47 PM PDT

[ad_2]

Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!
[mc4wp_form]
Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article 11 Greatest Hoodies for Type, Consolation, and Heat (2025) 11 Greatest Hoodies for Type, Consolation, and Heat (2025)
Next Article Bardem, stars again boycott as Israel’s tradition minister targets movie academy : NPR Bardem, stars again boycott as Israel’s tradition minister targets movie academy : NPR

POPULAR

Windows 11 Enhances Privacy with Per-App Permissions
Technology

Windows 11 Enhances Privacy with Per-App Permissions

Iran Rejects Trump’s ‘Economic Warfare’ Threat
world

Iran Rejects Trump’s ‘Economic Warfare’ Threat

Liverpool’s New Era: Iraola’s Lineup Decisions vs. Newcastle
Sports

Liverpool’s New Era: Iraola’s Lineup Decisions vs. Newcastle

Josh Radnor: HIMYM Cast Not Close 12 Years Later
Entertainment

Josh Radnor: HIMYM Cast Not Close 12 Years Later

VGP SA 2026 Q2 Earnings: A Deep Dive into Performance
business

VGP SA 2026 Q2 Earnings: A Deep Dive into Performance

Harry and Meghan Relocate to UK for Extended Stay
top

Harry and Meghan Relocate to UK for Extended Stay

Dunelm Sofa Storage Unit: Smart Solution for Clutter
Entertainment

Dunelm Sofa Storage Unit: Smart Solution for Clutter

You Might Also Like

UK’s Oldest Escort at 88: Granny Loves Cuddles, No Retirement Plans
Politics

UK’s Oldest Escort at 88: Granny Loves Cuddles, No Retirement Plans

Britain's oldest escort, an 88-year-old grandmother known as Lovely Libby, operates from Bristol. Active on the Adult Work platform since…

2 Min Read
ICE to open name heart to search out unaccompanied migrant kids
Politics

ICE to open name heart to search out unaccompanied migrant kids

By JACK BROOK, Related Press U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement plans to open a nationwide name heart to assist native…

5 Min Read
FBI takes over investigation of killing; Trump calls Pretti insurrectionist
Politics

FBI takes over investigation of killing; Trump calls Pretti insurrectionist

By MICHAEL BIESECKER and REBECCA SANTANA WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Division has opened a federal civil rights probe into…

6 Min Read
Witkoff, Kushner “felt somewhat bit betrayed” by Israel’s Qatar strike throughout peace talks
Politics

Witkoff, Kushner “felt somewhat bit betrayed” by Israel’s Qatar strike throughout peace talks

Jared Kushner and Steve Witkoff, two of President Trump's key negotiators in brokering the Israel-Hamas ceasefire, "felt somewhat bit betrayed"…

3 Min Read
Madisony

We cover the stories that shape the world, from breaking global headlines to the insights behind them. Our mission is simple: deliver news you can rely on, fast and fact-checked.

Recent News

Windows 11 Enhances Privacy with Per-App Permissions
Windows 11 Enhances Privacy with Per-App Permissions
August 20, 2026
Iran Rejects Trump’s ‘Economic Warfare’ Threat
Iran Rejects Trump’s ‘Economic Warfare’ Threat
August 20, 2026
Liverpool’s New Era: Iraola’s Lineup Decisions vs. Newcastle
Liverpool’s New Era: Iraola’s Lineup Decisions vs. Newcastle
August 20, 2026

Trending News

Windows 11 Enhances Privacy with Per-App Permissions
Iran Rejects Trump’s ‘Economic Warfare’ Threat
Liverpool’s New Era: Iraola’s Lineup Decisions vs. Newcastle
Josh Radnor: HIMYM Cast Not Close 12 Years Later
VGP SA 2026 Q2 Earnings: A Deep Dive into Performance
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms Of Service
Reading: Trump says US has carried out one other deadly strike concentrating on alleged drug-smuggling boat
Share

2025 © Madisony.com. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?